2022 ELECTION NOTICE
The election to select Council Members for Places 3, 4 & 5, will be conducted on May 7, 2022. All places are elected at large. A prospective candidate shall be a qualified voter of the State of Texas, resided continuously in the State for 12 months and the City for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot. Voting locations within the City of Mount Pleasant, Texas will be at the Mount Pleasant Civic Center located at 1800 N Jefferson Avenue, Mount Pleasant, TX 75455.
Applications can be filed at the City of Mount Pleasant, 501 N. Madison, Mount Pleasant, TX 75455; 903-575-4000, email email@example.com.
DEADLINES FOR FILING:
Note: A more extensive deadline calendar can be found in the Election Packet 2021, that can be downloaded in the link found in Related Documents below.
- 01/13/21 - First day to file for a place on the ballot.
- 02/12/21 - Last day to file for a place on the ballot.
- 02/16/21 - Last day for write-in candidate.
- 02/19/21 - Last day for candidate to withdraw.
- 02/22/21 - Drawing for place on ballot.
- 04/01/21 - First campaign contributions report due.
- 04/19/21 - First day of in-person early voting.
- 04/23/21 - Second campaign contributions report due.
- 04/27/21 - Last day of in-person early voting.
- 05/01/21 - Election Day 7am-7pm, Civic Center.
- 05/11/21 - Canvas election returns.