Building & Development

New construction wood framing

Department Information

WINTER STORM REPAIRS (as of 02/25/21 until further notice)
The City is waiving permit fees for anyone who hires a plumber to repair broken water pipes due to the winter storm. Please be sure to check your repair bill to make sure you have not been charged a permit fee.

Through the issuance of building permits and certificates of occupancy, the Building and Development Department ensures that all structures within the City of Mount Pleasant conform to adopted and accepted building codes and standards, ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the public through comprehensive reviews and inspections of all residential and commercial projects. The Building and Development Department issues permits for:

  • Air conditioning
  • Building permits
  • Certificates of occupancy
  • Electrical
  • Heating
  • Plumbing                
  • Sign installations           
  • Sprinkler systems           
  • Swimming pools

The department also conducts inspections throughout the various stages of construction.

Contractor Registration

All contractors doing work inside the City limits of Mount Pleasant must register with the City of Mount Pleasant.  Find the Contractor Registration Form in under Related Documents section of this page.

Related Documents