Water & Sewer Tap
HOW TO REQUEST A WATER OR SEWER UTILITY LINE TAP
- The initial tap request will be made at City Hall where a tap request form will be completed by a customer service representative.
- This form will be forwarded to the utility foreman or his representative who will inspect the tap location and determine if a road bore or street cut will be necessary.
- Cost of the tap will be determined and the customer will be advised.
- After payment has been made a work order for the tap will be issued.
- The tap will in most cases be installed within ten working days.
WATER & SEWER TAP FEE SCHEDULE
|Standard 1" Water Tap in pavement||$2,000|
|Standard 1" Water Tap in dirt - same side||$1,500|
|Standard 2" Water Tap in pavement||$3,000|
|Standard 2" Water Tap in dirt - same side||$2,500|
For larger taps contact the City of Mount Pleasant for pricing.
|Standard 4" Sewer Tap in pavement||$1,000|
|Standard 4" Sewer Tap in dirt - same side||$800|
|Standard 6" Sewer Tap in pavement||$1,500 + Cost|
|Standard 6" Sewer Tap in dirt - same side||$1,000 + Cost|
For larger taps contact the City of Mount Pleasant for pricing. Manholes are required at any change in direction or elevation. Sewer taps requiring bore across any street will be charged at cost for the work.
|3/4" Water Meter||$195|
|1" Water Meter||$275|
|2" Water Meter||$1,605|
For larger water meters contact the City of Mount Pleasant for pricing.
All water and sewer fees are based on the local streets requiring typical pavement restoration. Where the street section is more than 6" thick, additional fees will be included for the pavement restoration.